Congratulations to winners of the 2018 Better Practice Awards from the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency! The winning programs show what is possible and highlight better practice and innovation across residential aged care and home care services.
Below you can access full details of the winning programs.
- National Innovation and Excellence in Aged Care Awards
- The Better Practice Commendation Awards
- Download: 2018 Better Practice Awards booklet (PDF)
- For more information, visit the Better Practice Awards page (criteria, judging, previous winners)
National Innovation and Excellence in Aged Care Award Winners
These awards are designed to celebrate those providers who are industry leaders in aged care and who are worthy of both national and international recognition in aged care practice. Up to five of these awards are offered nationally each year, in addition to our Commendation (exemplar) awards. All nominations apply using the same application form and all must first meet the ‘all nominations’ selection criteria. Those nominations the expert industry panel considered are ‘outstanding’ examples of better practice are then considered against the additional tier of selection criteria for this higher award category.
The 2018 winners of the National Innovation and Excellence in Aged Care Awards include:
The Better Practice Commendation Awards
The 2018 winners of the Commendation Awards include:
- ECH Incorporated (SA) - ECH LGBTI Connect Service
- Feros Care (Qld) - Grow Bold - Independent Fulfilled Lives
- Feros Care (NSW) - Trials to Smiles – Sunbeam Legacy
- Resthaven Incorporated - Restoring Older People’s Lives
- Sacred Heart Community (Vic) - My Community My Way
- Montefiore (NSW) - Integrated Cognitive and Sensory Program
- Yackandandah Bush Nursing Hospital (Vic) - Let’s Grow Old Together