How OPAN can help Providers during COVID
OPAN and their network of state and territory service delivery members, can help Providers to support residents and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
OPAN’s Provider Information Kit can help you communicate COVID and the changes happening in your residential aged care facility with your residents. The kit includes:
- Videos – Dr Norman Swan explains COVID along with changes that are happing to residential aged care to residents due to COVID. The videos are available in English, Italian, Chinese Simplified and Vietnamese, and can be viewed here.
- A script of the video is also available if you would prefer to record your own video for your residents.
- Posters – Posters to place around your facility to explain COVID and lockdowns to your residents.
- Checklists – COVID Checklists on areas to address when communicating with residents and their families during an outbreak.
- Letters – Sample letters to send to residents and families informing them of changes
Please contact the OPAN team on firstname.lastname@example.org for the information kit.
OPAN’s nine state and territory members, can also provide individual support to your residents and their families during COVID. This includes helping residents understand COVID restrictions, lockdowns, outbreaks, social distancing as well as tips on staying socially connected.
Residents and their families can call the Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line on 1800 171 866 from 8.30am – 6pm Monday-Friday. The OPAN website has information for you to share with your residents on the COVID-19 Support Line is in 64 languages.