Social media channels
We use the following social media channels:
- Facebook (@AgedCareQuality)
- LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/agedcarequality)
- Twitter (@AgedCareQuality)
- YouTube (www.youtube.com/AgedCareQuality).
We update and monitor our pages between 9am and 5pm AEDT/AEST from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Please note that we don’t accept or respond to complaints about aged care providers or services on social media. Complaints can be submitted via our online form, telephone or letter. For more information, visit our Lodge a complaint page.
Social media policies
Acceptable use policy
We welcome comments on our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube pages. However, to ensure a positive experience for visitors of our pages, we reserve the right to report, remove or block comments or users if we consider that this acceptable use policy has been breached. This policy is to be read in conjunction with the acceptable use policies of the social media platforms you are engaging with.
When you post comments, we expect you to:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or of others (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses, or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- not post information that relates to a specific complaint about an aged care service
- not be abusive, harass or threaten others
- not make defamatory or libellous comments
- not use insulting, provocative, hateful, obscene, or offensive language
- not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- not post multiple versions of the same view or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- not promote commercial interests in your posts
- not post party political comments
- not include internet addresses, links to websites, or any email addresses
- not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- not encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national, or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality, or age
- not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
We reserve the right to enforce this policy at our discretion or vary these terms at any time.
We are not responsible for, or liable for the privacy practices of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube or any linked websites. Your use of these platforms and any linked websites is at your own risk.
We record all information posted to our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube pages and use that information for the purpose of administering the pages and considering and/or addressing any comments made.
No attempt will be made to further identify individuals who engage or otherwise contribute to our social media pages except where requested and authorised by law.
When interacting with us through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or YouTube you are bound by the terms and conditions of use of their respective sites. We encourage you to review the legal policies of those platforms for further information.
We accept no responsibility, whether express or implied, for the accuracy, currency, and completeness of any information posted on our social media pages by anyone other than the Commission, or its relevance and suitability for any purpose, or its compliance with our acceptable use policy.
Views expressed on these pages by anyone other than the Commission are not the views of the Commission, and we disclaim all liability for any such views, comments, advertising, or other non-Commission content.
We do not endorse or control any advertising that may be displayed by Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or YouTube on our pages.
If you have any queries or concerns about our use of social media, please contact us at email@example.com.