The Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) commenced on 1 April 2021 and all reporting of serious incidents must now be made via the SIRS tile on the My Aged Care portal on the Department of Health website.
Making a report to the Commission
Serious incidents must be reported to the Commission via the SIRS tile on the My Aged Care portal on the Department of Health website.
- What is SIRS? Fact sheet for aged care providers
- Serious Incident Response Scheme - Guidelines for residential aged care providers
- SIRS frequently asked questions
- My Aged Care service provider portal resources (Department of Health)
- Quick reference guide: How to access and use the Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) portal (Department of Health)
- SIRS readiness checklist for providers
- Effective incident management systems - Best practice guidelines
This information is intended to help approved providers and their staff to understand their reporting responsibilities under the SIRS.
Notice of Collection
This notice provides advice for approved providers about information the Commission may collect to perform its functions, how that information may be used and how it can be accessed.