The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Consultative Forum (Consultative Forum) was established in 2019 to:
- establish and maintain an open dialogue and communication with national consumer and industry organisations with a direct interest in the work of the Commission
- consult and engage across the aged care sector, discuss emerging issues and gather feedback from key stakeholders about the Commission’s approach to developing its operational policies and fulfilling its functions.
Membership of the Consultative Forum is by invitation from the Commissioner and comprises of the Department of Health, and national consumer and provider peak bodies.
The current peak bodies represented are:
- Aged Care Industry Association
- Aged Care Services Australia (ACSA)
- Catholic Health Australia
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Australia
- Dementia Australia
- Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Council of Australia
- Leading Aged Care Services Australia (LASA)
- National Aged Care Alliance (NACA)
- National LGBTI Health Alliance
- National Seniors Australia
- Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN)