Letters from our Commissioner, Janet Anderson, sent to approved residential and home care service providers and other audiences highlight important information they need to receive urgently or directly from the Commission.
- 20 November 2023 - Letter to providers on Complaints about Aged Care Services Report
- 20 October 2023 - Letter to providers on planning and preparation for the high-risk weather season
- 15 August 2023 – Joint letter from the Commission and the Australian Electoral Commission to approved providers on the 2023 referendum.
- 9 August 2023 - Joint letter from the Commission and the Department of Health and Aged Care to approved providers on medication management.
- 27 June 2023 - Letter from Ann Wunsch, Executive Director – Approvals and Serious Incident Notifications, regarding information about your SIRS responsibilities and reporting obligations.
- 23 June 2023 - Joint letter to providers regarding uptake of the COVID-19 booster
- 14 April 2023 – Letter to providers on registered nurse cover and care minutes
- 4 April 2023 - Joint letter to providers on COVID-19 preparedness
- 22 December 2022 - Letter to providers on home care package pricing caps
- 24 October 2022 – Letter to providers regarding adverse weather events
- 20 September 2022 – Letter to CEOs and Board Chairs of approved care providers regarding the Governing for Reform in Aged Care program
- 31 August 2022 – Letter to consumers regarding national aged care reforms
- 31 August 2022 – Letter to approved providers regarding national aged care reforms
- 26 August 2022 – Letter to approved providers regarding SCHADS Award
- 20 July 2022 – Letter to residential aged care providers regarding antiviral treatments to manage COVID-19 outbreaks
- 4 March 2022 - Letter to QLD and NSW home service providers regarding consumer care during flood events
- 28 February 2022 – Letter to residential aged care providers regarding COVID-19 vaccine boosters
- 18 January 2022 – Letter from Minister and the Commissioner to residential approved providers – COVID-19 vaccination boosters in residential aged care services
- 22 December 2021 – Letter to residential approved providers – Being prepared for a COVID-19 outbreak
- 1 December 2021 – Letter to residential aged care approved providers – Emergency events planning
- 19 November 2021 – Letter to approved providers – COVID-19 booster vaccine
- 7 November 2021 – Letter to the Editor of News Corporation – Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS)
- 16 August 2021 – Letter to approved providers – Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for workers