Find an interpreter
If you need an interpreter, call us on 1800 951 822 and ask us to arrange one.
You can also call one of these services and ask them to call us for you:
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) – 131 450
- Aboriginal Interpreter Service (AIS) – 1800 334 944
- Aboriginal Interpreting Western Australia – (08) 9192 3981
We've produced a Translated information for people receiving aged care flyer. This explains in multiple languages who to contact if you need an interpreter.
National Relay Service
The National Relay Service can help if you find it hard to hear or talk on the phone. It offers services for a variety of assistive technologies.
TTY (teletypewriter) users
Call 1800 555 677 and ask them to connect you to us on 1800 951 822.
Speak and Listen users
Call 1800 555 727 and ask them to connect you to us on 1800 951 822.
Internet relay users
Visit the National Relay Service website and enter 1800 951 822.
Listen to our website
ReadSpeaker allows you to listen to text on web pages. It can help users who find it difficult to read text.
Most pages on our website have a ReadSpeaker listening button. If you select this button, a voice should start reading the information. If you can't hear the voice, check your volume settings.
Please contact us if you need help finding the listening button.
Our commitment to accessibility
We're committed to accessible, non-discriminatory information that gives equal access to all users.
- complying with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- meeting the Australian Government’s web accessibility requirements
- meeting the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.2 at level AA.
You can contact us to request accessible versions of files or documents.
For more information on the WCAG guidelines, visit the World Wide Web Consortium website.