The Commission Consultation Forum is an important part of our consultation and engagement process with the aged care sector. It's a valuable channel for two-way communication and feedback between key stakeholders and the Commission.
Forum members represent consumer, provider, worker and industry organisations.
Membership is by invitation from the Commissioner. It includes the Department of Health and Aged Care and national consumer and provider peak bodies.
The current peak bodies represented are:
- Aged Care Industry Association
- Aged and Community Care Providers Association
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
- Australian Workers Union
- Catholic Health Australia
- COTA Australia
- Dementia Australia
- Department of Health and Aged Care
- Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Council of Australia
- Health Services Union
- LGBTIQ+ Health Australia
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Ageing and Aged Care Council
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- National Aged Care Alliance
- National Seniors Australia
- Older Persons Advocacy Network.