We host webinars on various topics relevant to the aged care sector. See what's coming up or watch past webinars.
We welcome your feedback on the webinars and your input for future topics, which you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check this page regularly for:
- updated information and registration links to attend upcoming webinars
- links to the webinar recordings, together with Q&As that could not be addressed in the live webinars due to time constraints.
Registration for webinars open no later than one week before the event.
The Commission will continue with our monthly sector webinars in 2024, with the schedule to be confirmed in the coming weeks. If you have suggestions for topics you'd like to see covered, please send us an email.
Watch previous webinars and access webinar Q&As and presentations.
- 21 November 2023: Staffing obligations and mandatory care minutes - recording
- Referenced during the session: a Commission fact sheet on 24/7 registered nurse alternative clinical care arrangements and information on 24/7 registered nurse supplement for residential aged care from the Department of Health and Aged Care.
- 17 October 2023: Complaints and continuous improvement in practice - recording
- 19 September 2023: Provider governance - recording and presentation slides
- 15 August 2023: Financial and prudential regulation - recording and presentation slides
- 11 August 2023: Oral and dental health and it’s impact on eating and nutrition - recording and presentation slides
- 18 July 2023: Compliance in practice - recording, presentation slides and Q&As.
- 20 June 2023: Stronger Standards, Better Aged Care - recording, presentation slides and Q&As
- 16 May 2023: Complaints Handling - recording
- 18 April 2023 - Regulation of workforce-related responsibilities including 24/7 on site registered nurse and care minutes - recording, presentation slides and Q&As
- 21 March 2023 - Early lessons learned from SIRS in home services - recording and presentation slides. The numbers for 'SIRS Home Services - Notifications received by Incident' on slide 2 have been updated since the webinar and are correct as at 24 March 2023. During the live session, Ann Wunsch gave the correct numbers but unfortunately the slides had not been updated. This has been corrected in the slides you can view here.
- 21 February 2023 - Site audits in residential aged care - recording and presentation slides
- 17 March 2023 - Swallowing, texture-modified diets and nutrition – recording and presentation slides
Food, dining and nutrition
- 23 November 2022 – A case study in food, dining and nutrition
- 23 September 2022 – Dining and consumer choice
Reform webinar Q&As
- 15 December 2022 - Status of aged care reforms and what’s next - Webinar Q&As (DOCX, 65.77 KB)
- 14 December 2022 - Strengthening provider governance – Webinar Q&As (PDF, 487.13 KB)
- 30 November 2022 - SIRS for home services – Webinar Q&As (PDF, 510.97 KB)
- 16 November 2022 - Code of Conduct for Aged Care – Webinar Q&As (PDF, 328.4 KB)
- 20 October 2022 - Webinar Q&As as at 20 October 2022 (PDF, 451.57 KB)
Aged care sector reforms – current status and what's next?
- 15 December - recording and presentation slides
- Resource summaries: SIRS (PDF, 876.92 KB), Aged Care Code of Conduct (PDF, 813.83 KB), and Provider Governance (PDF, 537.34 KB)
Strengthening provider governance
Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) for home services
- 26 September - Introduction to the SIRS: Incident management systems webinar recording and presentation slides
- 3 November - SIRS reportable incidents webinar recording
- 16 November - Reporting under the SIRS recording
Code of Conduct for Aged Care
Introduction to aged care sector reforms – a regulatory perspective
- 30 August- Being ready for a COVID-19 outbreak
- 23 August - Restrictive practices – behaviour support planning
- 13 July - Restrictive practices webinar
- 8 April - The Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) for residential services webinar #5
- 25 March - The Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) for residential services webinar #4
- 18 March - The Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) for residential services webinar #3
- 11 March - The Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) for residential services webinar #2
- 25 February - The Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) for residential services webinar #1
- 10 December - Outbreak Management Planning in Aged Care webinar for providers
- 6 August - ACQSC Webinar for NSW/QLD providers