The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) works under the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018 and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Rules 2018 (Rules).
The Commission's functions are set out in the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018.
The Aged Care Act 1997 is the overarching legislation that outlines the obligations and responsibilities that aged care providers must follow to receive subsidies from the Australian Government.
Our work is supported by a number of policies and documents. These include:
- Complaints about the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Policy
- Notice of Collection
- Compliance and Enforcement Policy.
Other legislation related to aged care
Other legislation related to aged care complaints and accreditation includes:
- Accountability Principles 2014
- Information Principles 2014
- Quality of Care Principles 2014 (including the Accreditation Standards)
- Records Principles 2014
- Sanctions Principles 2014
- User Rights Principles 2014.
Social media policies