- You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to the website.
- You must not post or transmit via our website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law. Please refer to the sections on content and moderation below for more details.
- Your use of our website does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to you by any Agency
- reduce any obligation you owe to any Agency.
- The website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
- The materials presented by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission on this site are derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of release on the Internet. The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of the information.
- The user is responsible for making an individual assessment of and verifying all material on this site and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions and shall not be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages including damages for loss of business or other profits arising in relation to use of the material. The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage incurred by reliance on material on this site or incorporated by reference.
- Each user waives and releases the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission and its servants to the fullest extent permitted by law from any and all claims related to usage of material from or made available by this site.
- Comments on our website are provided by, and are the responsibility of, the person or people who made such comments. We do not endorse, support, or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of the comments posted on the website or endorse any of the opinions expressed.
- This website contains links to other websites which are external to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. Views or recommendations provided in linked sites do not necessarily reflect those of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission or the Commonwealth.
- We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
- We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content. It is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites. Users should make themselves familiar with the privacy policies of any other entity or organisation linked to this website.
- We only provide general information related to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission in this website and do not provide specific advice on individual situations in response to comments on this website in the interests of privacy. If you require specific advice related to your situation, or the situation of another person, please either lodge a complaint. For non-complaint related matters, please contact us.
- This website is presented by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission for the purpose of disseminating information free of charge for the benefit of the public. This website is not a substitute for independent professional advice. Nothing contained in this site is intended to be used as legal or medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice. The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission does not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information.
- Material presented on this website is generally licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (“Public License”) available from the Creative Commons website (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode). You must read and understand the Public License before using any material from this website.
- We moderate comments to protect individual privacy, and to keep conversations civil and on-topic. To ask why one of your comments was not published, please contact us. Comments will be published where they do not breach one or more of the following guidelines:
- It breaches the privacy of any individual
- It is irrelevant to the issues being considered
- Contains abusive, harassing or threatening content
- It is potentially defamatory or libellous
- It is insulting, provocative or hateful
- It contains obscene or offensive language
- It may infringe the intellectual property rights of others
- Multiple, duplicate, identical or near-identical ‘campaign-type’ versions are received from one or more sources
- It promotes commercial interests
- It contains inappropriate addresses, videos, or images
- It contains overtly party political comment
- The Public License may not give you all the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights (such as privacy and moral rights) may limit how you use the material from the website.
- The Public License does not cover, and there is no permission given for, use of any of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms (by way of information, the terms under which the Coat of Arms may be used can be found at the It’s an Honour website (https://www.pmc.gov.au/government/commonwealth-coat-arms)), any logos (including the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission logo) and trade marks, any photographs and images, any signatures, and any material belonging to third parties.
- Without limiting your obligations under the Public License, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission requests that you attribute this website in your work. Any reasonable form of words may be used provided that you make it clear that you have permission to use the material under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License; make it clear whether or not you have changed the material used from this website; include a copyright notice in relation to the material used.
- In the case of no change to the material, the words “© Commonwealth of Australia (the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission) 2019” may be used. In the case where the material has been changed or adapted, the words: “Based on Commonwealth of Australia (the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission) material” may be used; and do not suggest that the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission endorses you or your use of the material.
- The development and management of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission website is coordinated by us.
- Users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that a user’s transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses or other defects.
- The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, acting for the Commonwealth, accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer system, software or data occurring in connection with this website. Users are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user’s computer system, software or data.
- For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our website privacy notice.
- In order to contribute to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission website you are required to register and provide an email address.
- We will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or other Agency:
- to provide you with a service that you have requested
- as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user.
- We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- Please contact us if you have any questions, problems or feedback regarding our site.
Wednesday, 7 October 2020 - 3:19pm