You have the right to complain. If you're dissatisfied with our services, please raise it with us. You also have the right to complain to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
We welcome all feedback and use it to improve how we work.
More information is available in our Complaints About Us policy (DOC, 19 KB).
Submit a complaint about us
To submit a complaint about us, please call 1800 951 822 or complete the Complaints About Us form (DOC, 196 KB).
If you need an interpreter, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask for the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
You can email or post the form as follows:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, GPO Box 9819 (in your capital city)
If you've recently made a complaint and aren't happy with the service you've received, you can raise this with the staff member concerned.
If you're uncomfortable doing so, or are still dissatisfied after speaking to them, you can ask to speak to their manager.
Once we receive your complaint, we'll respond with information that may include:
- an outline of our complaints process
- expected time frames
- the progress of your complaint and reasons for any delay
- your involvement in the process
- the possible or likely outcome.
We'll let you know as soon as we can if we can't deal with any part of your complaint. We'll also provide advice about where the issue should be directed instead.
We welcome complaints about our services and programs. However, our policy doesn't cover complaints about:
- regulatory decisions we've made
- the outcome of a complaint made about an aged care service (see Review Rights)
- fees and charges we've applied
- aged care facilities or services
- internal staff grievances, code of conduct investigations and public interest disclosures about staff.
Complaints about aged care services
If you're concerned about an aged care service, you can Make a complaint.
Have you been advised of an upcoming re-accreditation audit at a residential service? Tell us about the quality of care and services at this home. Our quality assessors will soon be visiting the home to check.