This consultation invites your feedback on our draft guidance resources for providers and workers on the new strengthened Quality Standards.
The consultation closes at midday AEST on 30 April 2024.
We are consulting on our draft guidance resources to help providers, aged care workers and other stakeholders to understand the new strengthened Quality Standards and their roles and responsibilities in meeting them. Further draft resources will be available shortly that are specifically for older people receiving care and their representatives.
The strengthened Quality Standards are expected to be introduced with the commencement of the new Aged Care Act.
We welcome responses from providers, aged care workers, older people and their representatives, and other stakeholders. Your responses will help us to produce resources that are fit-for-purpose, easy-to-understand and support the delivery of quality, person-centred aged care.
We are particularly interested to hear about any information you think is missing or that needs further explanation. The draft resources aim to provide the information a provider needs to meet the Quality Standards while providing safe, quality aged care. If this is not the case, let us know what improvements we can make.
Before submitting your feedback, please download and read the:
- draft guidance for providers:
- draft audit methodology
- draft evidence framework
- draft guidance for aged care workers
- draft pre-audit preparation tool
- draft request for Information template - category 4 & 5
- draft request for Information template - category 6
- framework analysis (Provided for information, not for review)
Questions to consider and to assist with your feedback are provided in the feedback form and the consultation documents.
The last day for submitting feedback is on 30 April 2024.
- review all feedback received
- consolidate responses
- provide a summary of the feedback received, and
- provide updates on the changes we make because of your feedback.