Translating and Interpreting Services
If you need an interpreter, you can ask us to arrange one when you call.
Alternatively, you can contact one of the services below and ask them to help contact us on 1800 951 822:
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) - 131 450
- Aboriginal Interpreter Service (AIS) - 1800 334 944
- Kimberley Interpreting Service (KIS) – 08 9192 3981
The Translated information for consumers poster provides information in multiple languages on how to contact us using an interpreter.
National Relay Service
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, you can contact us through the National Relay Service:
• TTY users: phone 1800 555 677 then ask for our number 1800 951 822
• Speak and Listen users: phone 1800 555 727 then ask for our number 1800 951 822
• Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service and enter 1800 951 822.
We are committed to providing information and services in a non-discriminatory and accessible way. This is a requirement under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992. We also aim to meet the Australian Government’s web accessibility requirements. This includes meeting the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) at level AA. It is important to us that our information is accessible to everyone.
How to listen to the website
If you have trouble reading text, you may prefer to use ReadSpeaker to listen to it instead. To do this, select the listen button near the top of most pages within our website.
ReadSpeaker will highlight the text as it reads it to you. Use the settings icon to change the text colour, size and how fast ReadSpeaker reads the text to you. If you have trouble hearing the voice, check your volume settings.
If you have any trouble accessing a file or document, you can request an accessible version. For any accessibility or usability issues please contact us.