To complement the delivery of our face-to-face education programs, we developed the innovative online Aged Care Learning Information Solution – Alis.
Alis was released to the sector in February 2020.
It ensures the sector has access to our educational programs anywhere and at any time.
Organisations can use Alis to support their staff as part of ongoing professional development.
You can access Alis from any PC, laptop, tablet or phone device with an internet connection.
Register for Alis
All Commonwealth-funded aged care service providers that are assessed under the Quality Standards have a number of free licences so they can evaluate the benefits of Alis.
These limited free licences will be available until the end of October 2021, with an option to purchase more licences to support your organisation’s ongoing professional development.
Watch the video for a short introduction to Alis.
There are different learning modules on the platform. Some example modules are:
Aged Care Quality Standards
This module supports all types of aged care service providers to:
- demonstrate performance against the Aged Care Quality Standards
- deliver safe and quality care and services
- demonstrate tangible positive outcomes for consumers.
Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS)
This module has information on incident management and reportable incident obligations. It will support residential aged care service providers to:
- understand the SIRS
- understand and recognise what constitutes an incident
- have an increased understanding of how to respond to incidents in your service
- understand the importance of consumer-centred care in incident management
- understand the different types of reportable incidents.
This module contains information to support providers to:
- understand what clinical governance is and the importance of it in aged care
- the role of the governing body and other stakeholders
- the main components of clinical governance and effective frameworks
- how to detect issues and what resources are available.
We also have key concepts that you can access as standalone modules to refresh your learning on important topics.