The Commission is committed to supporting aged care providers with access to educational content anywhere and at any time. To complement the delivery of our face-to-face education programs, we developed the innovative online Aged Care Learning Information Solution – Alis.
Alis is our online learning platform with engaging content to help people working in the sector understand their obligations and provide safe, high-quality care.
Learners can access Alis from any PC, laptop, tablet or phone device with an internet connection.
Register for Alis
Over the next year the Commission is trialling expanded free access to Alis. This means that from 1 July 2022 all employees of Commonwealth-funded aged care providers can access our learning content free of charge. Learning managers and administrators at an aged care service can sign up their staff and provide them with access to our content. Alternatively, workers can register themselves, but will need to link their account to their service provider.
There are different learning modules on the platform. Some example modules are:
Aged Care Quality Standards
This learning pathway supports all types of aged care service providers to:
- demonstrate performance against the Aged Care Quality Standards
- deliver safe and quality care and services
- demonstrate tangible positive outcomes for consumers.
Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS)
This learning pathway has information on incident management and reportable incident obligations. It will support residential aged care service providers to:
- understand the SIRS
- understand and recognise what constitutes an incident
- have an increased understanding of how to respond to incidents in your service
- understand the importance of consumer-centred care in incident management
- understand the different types of reportable incidents.
This module contains information to support providers to:
- understand what clinical governance is and the importance of it in aged care
- the role of the governing body and other stakeholders
- the main components of clinical governance and effective frameworks
- how to detect issues and what resources are available.
We also have key concepts that you can access as standalone modules to refresh your learning on important topics.