We are committed to supporting consumer choice, and promoting continuous improvement in quality in aged care service provision.
Support for consumers
Consumers receiving Australian Government funded aged care services have the right to receive high quality care and services.
To support aged care consumers, we developed resources to help you understand the quality of care and services you can expect to receive.
These resources provide you with information about:
- how you can raise complaints or concerns about the delivery of Australian government subsidised aged care services
- the advocacy services offered by the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) to support you
- the Quality Standards which apply to your service provider.
New resources have recently been added to support you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 consumer resources
- COVID-19 Etiquette storyboards and user guides
- COVID-19 Staying Safe storyboards and user guides
- Charter of Aged Care Rights
- Services available to help you, including advocacy, interpreter and relay services
- Finding an aged care service and view the Service Compliance Rating
- Service Compliance Ratings Fact Sheet
- Quality Standards consumer resources
- Medication. It’s your choice
Our work with consumers
Consumers and Families panel
We have established a panel of people who use or are thinking of using Australian government funded aged care services, their carers and family members.
We want to know what is important to you, so we can improve how we regulate aged care, and make sure the information we produce is useful and easy to understand.
For more information about the panel, or to register your interest in joining, visit our Consumers and Families panel page.
We are responsible for resolving complaints about Commonwealth subsidised aged care services. Make a complaint about an aged care service