The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission is committed to supporting consumer choice, and promoting continuous improvement in quality in aged care service provision.
Support for consumers
Consumers receiving Australian Government funded aged care services have the right to receive high quality care and services.
To support aged care consumers, the Commission has developed resources to help you understand the quality of care and services you can expect to receive. These resources provide you with information about how you can raise complaints or concerns about the delivery of Australian government subsidised aged care services; the advocacy services offered by the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) to support you; and the Quality Standards which apply to your service provider.
New resources have recently been added to support you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information and support, please consider the links below:
- Finding an aged care service
- Make a complaint about an aged care service
- Charter of Aged Care Rights
- Quality Standards consumer resources
- COVID-19 consumer resources
- COVID-19 Etiquette storyboards and user guides
- COVID-19 Staying Safe storyboards and user guides
Our work with consumers
The Commission interviews more than 50,000 consumers of aged care services each year as part of our assessment against the standards of quality of care in Australian Government subsidised aged care services.
For more information, please browse the links below and see About Us.
- Consumer Experience Reports
- About accreditation
- Find an accreditation report on a home
- Service Compliance Ratings Fact Sheet
- Consumer involvement
For further information, please contact us.