You must inform us of certain changes or events that may affect your suitability to continue as an approved provider. These are covered in the Aged Care Act 1997 (Aged Care Act) and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018 (Commission Act).
In December 2022, changes were made to the Aged Care Act and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018 (Commission Act).
Our Provider responsibilities relating to governance guide (PDF, 1.29 MB) outlines how these changes affect your governance responsibilities.
You must notify us within 14 days about:
- changes affecting your suitability as a provider (section 9-1)
- people who become or stop being key personnel (section 9-2A(1)(a) and (b))
- changes relating to the suitability of any key personnel (section 9-2A(1)(c)).
Preparing to make a notification
Our Notification form guide (PDF, 364.7 KB) outlines provider responsibilities and the type of information we need.
It's important to read this document. It outlines what you must do and why you must do it. It will help ensure that you're complying with your responsibilities.
Note that completing the contact information section isn't a legal requirement. However, it allows you to update contact details so we can talk to the right people if needed.
How to make a notification
To send notifications, complete our online Notification form (DOCX, 290 KB).
We don't accept outdated forms. If you send us an outdated form, we'll ask you to complete the current form.
Your organisation must keep records of all notifications, including:
- issues that prompted the notification
- your decision-making process
- supporting documents.
You must also keep records showing that:
- you've considered the suitability of key personnel
- you're reasonably satisfied that key personnel are suitable.
Evidence may include:
- documentation of their experience, qualifications and registrations
- a nationally coordinated criminal history check
- a National Disability Insurance Scheme worker screening check
- a bankruptcy check.
You must provide copies of this information with your notification.
For more information, see section 8c of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018.
Providers also have ongoing responsibilities for key personnel. See Part 6 and Part 7A and the Accountability Principles 2014.
Other reporting responsibilities
Providers must report service changes to the Department of Health and Aged Care. For more information, visit the Department website.
For questions about the notification form, email us at APnotifications@agedcarequality.gov.au.
We'll respond via email within 5 business days.
You can also call our Customer Contact team to discuss the form or the notification process.