Due to the unprecedented nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are encouraging aged care providers to come up with innovative ways to ensure the ongoing health, safety and wellbeing of consumers in their care, from keeping in touch with family and friends to activities that promote engagement.
We have collected some of these examples below - learn more about some of the innovations that providers have submitted.
Note: The below examples are for sharing information around good practice, they do not form part of an assessment of the featured services’ compliance status. To find out more about assessment activities undertaken for individual aged care services, please visit Find a report.
The video below contains four examples of services' innovative approach to the pandemic, and the current restrictions on visitors.
The Quality Bulletin, our regular newsletter, has featured interviews and stories of ideas at services in Australia and globally.
- Quality Bulletin #21 - Interview with Wendy Russell, Uniting Care’s General Manager of Uniting Care
- Quality Bulletin #20 - Interview with Saviour Buhagiar – Director of Ageing at Uniting NSW/ACT
- Quality Bulletin #19 - Interview with Head of Aged Care, OzCare, Lanna Ramsay
- Quality Bulletin #18 - interview with Karen Crouch – Executive Director, Anglicare Southern Queensland
- Quality Bulletin #17 - A virtual cafe and the Great Australian Adventure
- Quality Bulletin #16 - Using technology and the 'window of love'
- Quality Bulletin #15 - Initiatives to ease the stress