Commonwealth Home Support Programme key changes fact sheet
Part of a fact sheet series related to Key changes under the new Commission Act and Rules
A new meaning of Commonwealth-funded aged care service has been added to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018 (the Act) to more appropriately capture specific programs that are grant based.
The specific programs captured by this new definition are contained in the Rules and include the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).
Various parts of the Rules will apply to CHSP services. This includes quality review, monitoring arrangements and dealing with non-compliance with the standards. For example, decisions regarding serious risk following a finding of failure to meet the standards may now be made in regards to a CHSP service.
Publishing information about Commonwealth Home Support Programme services
The Commissioner may make publicly available the following information about a Commonwealth‑funded aged care service:
- the name and address of the service
- the number of persons who are recipients of the service
- the services provided by the service
- the facilities and activities available to recipients of the service
- the name of the service provider of the service
- information about the variety and type of service provided
- information about the service provider’s performance in relation to the provider’s responsibilities under the funding agreement that relates to the service
- any action taken, or intended to be taken, under the Act or the Rules to protect the welfare of persons who are recipients of the service, and the reasons for that action.
Regulatory Policy Helpdesk
For support in understanding the Rules and their operational implications, please contact the Regulatory Policy team at email@example.com or speak with your local Regional office.