Food, Dining and Nutrition
Food and dining are important in aged care homes, as they affect your health and quality of life.
As a person living in residential aged care, you should know what you can expect from your food and dining experience.
The Commission’s new Food, Dining and Nutrition resources aims to help you enjoy food and dining in aged care.
There are 4 groups of resources for you and your family/carer to read.
Your provider and the staff in your home will have access to similar information.
The resources cover four topics:
- Oral Health
These will help you to know how to make changes to your food and dining experience and resolve any issues.
- Your choices matter fact sheet
- Enjoying dining fact sheet
- Food and dining preferences sheet
- Your dining experience poster
- Your right to make choices about food, drink and your experience in residential aged care – resident poster
- Food and drink in your aged care home – resident poster
- Making choices about your food, drink and dining experience – resident fact sheet
- Supporting safe and enjoyable mealtimes for people with swallowing difficulties fact sheet
- Nutrition and texture modified food and drinks: eating and drinking when you have problems with swallowing fact sheet
- Coming soon – Informed choice and supported decision making for people who eat and drink when there may be a risk
Oral health resources
- Looking after your oral health in residential aged care resident fact sheet
- KNOW, LOOK, ACT Your oral health in aged care resident fact sheet
- Caring for your oral health resident poster
We welcome your feedback on the resources through email@example.com. This feedback will inform further supports provided throughout 2023.
This video outlines what you can expect from your food and dining experience in aged care.